Tuesday, October 23, 2007


Tribute & farewell to my Uncle Buster

This photo was taken a couple of years back with one of my favorite cameras, the Holga. It is of my Uncle Buster at the entrance of his barn. I can only imagine now what his thoughts were when I showed up with this plastic camera and asked him to stand there.

An incredible story was passed on this evening about the passing of my Uncle Buster this past week.

Uncle Buster & Aunt Dorothy have been a special part of my life. As a child,
growing up in Montreal, I would visit their farm. I loved everything about those visits and now the trips mean so much more to me as an adult.

On every visit, there was always a special dog by Uncle Buster's side. They would greet me at the gates, herd me back to the farm house when I ventured too close to the creek in the back fields and protect Uncle Buster's cows from the darkest of night's noises. There was always a special dog......

During the funeral of uncle Bus, my Aunt Dorothy was sitting on a chair in a cemetery surrounded by fields of cows and farmers crops. Just open fields and not much else but the cemetery. Out of no-where, comes along a beautiful blonde lab and sits by her side and raises his paw on to her lap. And since Uncle Bus' funeral, this beautiful dog has not left her side. No one knows where he came from, none of the neighbours have seen this dog before....he just appeared.

Incredible, yet so true and so believable.....I leave you with this.....

"Noble and True, the dog will fight to mend all that is unjust, a loyal and faithful friend dogs make any sacrifice for the sake of another, they never abandon their post, a genuine listener and confidant, the dog is keeper of all secrets." ~Year of the Dog



No comments: